Some Little Things You Can Do to Reduce Climate Change
- Plant native, drought-resistant trees and shrubs around your home.
- Use trimming knife instead of a fuel-powered mower to cut your lawn.
- Replace your current home appliances (refrigerator, washing machine) with high-efficiency models.
- Buy food and other products with reusable or recyclable packaging instead of those in non-recyclable packaging.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Install a solar heated system to provide your hot water.
- Recycle your home’s waste newsprint, cardboard, glass and metal.
- Leave your car at home (walk, bike or take public transport instead).